Ingleside ISD Grading Policy
Update due to COVID 19
Pre Kinder and Kindergarten:
Due to Pre-K and Kindergarten report cards being standards based they will reflect performance based on participation. Students who complete the weekly packet that includes the tested standard will receive a "+" representing a passing standard while students not completing the weekly packet will receive a "-" showing a failing standard.
1st Grade - 12th Grade:
5th Six Weeks - February 17, 2020 to May 20, 2020.
● Grades taken prior to Spring Break will be counted in 5th Six Weeks (February 17 to March 6).
● One (1) assignment per week will be entered in Skyward GradeBook as daily grades for
Distance Learning (March 20 - May 20).
● All work must be complete by May 20, 2020. Teachers will contact individual students to complete corrections on May 21, 2020.
○ The three lowest daily grades from the 10 weeks of distance learning will be dropped.
● 1st Grade - 6th Grade Elective courses averages will be filled with the 1st semester average.
6th Six Weeks - May 20, 2020 - May 21, 2020
● For all core and elective classes the highest average of the 4th or 5th six weeks will be
inserted as the 6th Six Weeks average.
2nd Semester Average - per core classes
● The 4th Six Weeks, 5th Six Weeks and 6th Six Weeks will be averaged together to determine
the students’ 2nd semester average.
Final Averages for the year
● The 1st Semester Average and the 2nd Semester Average will be averaged together to
determine the students’ Final Average for the year.
○ If the average is a 70 or above in all core subjects, the student will be promoted to the
next grade. For HS credit, all subjects must average to a 70 or better.
○ If the average is 69 or below in any core subject, the student will be required to meet
summer school requirements in order to be promoted to next grade. For HS credit, if the
average is 69 or below in any subject, the student will be required to meet summer
school requirements in order to earn HS credit.
■ See campus principal for summer school requirements.